The Jackson Laboratory |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily oversight of all operations within their assigned area. This includes the safe operations of all equipment, the oversight of millions of dollars of fixed and consumable inventory and maintaining high standards of quality required by AALAC, ACUC and LAH. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for all personnel actions within their assigned area to include performance, morale, discipline, training and safety. The Operations Supervisor assures the integrity of the assigned barrier area as directed by LAH and the biosecurity program. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for insuring their assigned staff is well informed, trained, and highly and positively motivated to reach operational goals and fulfilling the mission of The Laboratory.
- Productivity and Quality – The Operations Supervisor is accountable for work assignments, structure and process flow of assigned work group. The supervisor will insure that all assigned staff are fully trained and capable of performing all assigned tasks. The supervisor is responsible to review, propose and implement change as needed in assuring the most effective organization to meet operational and organization goals and objectives.
- Directing – The Supervisor is expected to establish and administer a consistent set of operating SOPs, goals and objectives with prescribed standard operating procedures and organizational and departmental policies.
- Staffing, Organizing and Development – Identify, interview, select and retain competent staff in adequate numbers to meet the area’s objective. The supervisor is accountable to insure the effective training and development program for area personnel and to identify and develop staff. The supervisor is responsible to develop training and development programs to strengthen technical and management skills.
- Safety – The Supervisor works with senior management and safety and health professionals to assure a vigorous, comprehensive safety program focused on safe work practices and a healthy work environment. Incumbent complies with all safety work rules and safe work practices.
- Communication – the Supervisor is accountable for the presentation of operating, business, performance and company policy information to staff and to acquire, refer and/or transmit information in a positive, supportive manner. The supervisor effectively and efficiently exchanges information with a variety of internal and external customers. The Supervisor is knowledgeable of Laboratory procedures and policy and able to effectively communicate to staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Code: 6737
Posted On: 2017-10-20 01:07:00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Management, General Business
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info