The Jackson Laboratory |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Study Directors have ultimate accountability for ensuring studies are executed to the specifications of the client outlined in a scope of work, meeting or exceeding client expectations without deviation and on a specific budget. The incumbent is responsible for mentoring Project Manager(s), Senior Project Manager(s), and a team of technicians tasked with executing scientific studies on behalf of external or internal customers in a collaborative in vivo laboratory environment. In addition, the incumbent will ensure accuracy in: quoting, revenue forecasting and invoicing of the studies. The incumbent is responsible for depositing normative data from mouse models into the public domain via the Mouse Phenome Database, publications and conference presentations.
Senior Study Directors are responsible for providing direction and guidance to scientific teams assisting them in successfully accomplishing their duties and ensuring the service achieves its revenue targets and operational improvement goals as set by senior management.
What distinguishes the incumbent from each level is the level of supervision required, independent judgment used, complexity of projects, expertise in project coordination and negotiation, proficiency in problem solving, impact of errors, wider range of experience and specialized knowledge.
- Provide scientific guidance and support to clients meeting or exceeding their expectations for quality of service and execution of science.
- Provide leadership to staff within your reporting structure ensuring they have adequate training and mentoring to support the in vivo services drive for scientific quality and operational efficiency in support of the labs goals and holding them accountable for the same.
- Ensure staff understand and are compliant with all policies, procedures and practices established by the organization thus ensuring the most efficient operation of the laboratory to provide clients with the highest quality scientific service while meeting organizational operations and financial targets. This includes AXAPTA data entry, LIMS data entry, PPE requirements and general lab operations.
- Work with colleagues to establish agreed standards for our most frequently run studies and ensure these standards are followed unless changes are well documented and approved by the client. Ensure baseline model performance data (such as disease induction rate, disease progression timeline, etc) are compiled, submitted to the head of operation and Business Unit Manager, and shared with colleagues.
- Application of grants where possible for funding the research and development of new study platforms; writing of manuscripts when applicable.
Job Code: 7067
Posted On: 2018-02-14 09:47:44
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info