The Jackson Laboratory | Sacramento, CA
Working under limited supervision, this position leads security operations, and coordinates, plans, and implements the critical customer service and physical security activities necessary to maintaining a safe and secure environment for the people, programs, and property of The Jackson Laboratory. Addresses both tactical and strategic institutional security issues and assists in developing budgets and controlling costs, departmental planning, staff and event scheduling, and the drafting and implementing procedural enhancements across the Security Services organization.
Supervisor, Security - Supervises 24-hour physical security operations at locations with <1,000 employees and either proprietary security staff or comparable contract security force assigned. Supervisory experience in the physical security, law enforcement, corrections or closely related military environment
- Coordinates day-to-day activities within the group and cooperates with other areas throughout the Laboratory to improve security, maintain safe work environment and deliver value-added services wherever possible. Performs new employee security orientation, security awareness briefings and contractor security presentations and promotes a security-minded culture. Monitors individual performance and completes annual reviews. Is responsible for staffing requirements including hiring and terminations. 20%
- Leads in the selection, training and development of security team members. Assists members with establishing and achieving professional development goals and promotes an atmosphere of continuous performance improvement. Provides justification to support training and development investment for assigned staff. 20%
- Maintains rapport with and serves as primary contact point for contractors, outside vendors, and external law enforcement and other emergency response agencies by establishing personal contact and cooperating to resolve situations. 10%
- Manages (or manages through designee) identification issuance and access control systems and services, the video management system, and initiates maintenance and repair requests as need to sustain peak performance. 15%
- Assists in developing departmental goals and objectives; recommends, implements, and administers policies and procedures to enhance service and operational effectiveness. Assists in the development of departmental budget and ensures that costs are maintained within established limits. Optimizes service delivery through continuous improvement and incorporation of value added services into the Security Services organization. 20%
- Performs and coordinates formal and informal risk and threat assessments for Jackson Laboratory owned and operated facilities creating prioritized and phased plan to address deficiencies. 15%
- When necessary, applies corrective action to maintain the respect and confidence of those served.
Job Code: 6620
Posted On: 07/26/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info