Quality Assurance Specialist
Tyler Technologies | San Diego, CA
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Quality Assurance Specialist tests and quality assures programs, application modules and products of basic complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques. This is an entry-level position, working on problems with limited variability or impact.
- Test and validate program modules of basic complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Adhere to standards and procedures.
- Identify and document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior exposure to business analysis, software technical support and/or comparable work experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance/testing or related experience including but not limited to writing and executing on test cases, test scripts and plans successfully is preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Basic understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices preferred.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Full software development lifecycle familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving the ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical and non-technical information.
- Basic knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.