The Jackson Laboratory | Sacramento, CA
The incumbent is responsible for interfacing with Services (GET, RS, Breeding and In Vivo) customers during project execution regarding project scope, goals and deliverables, overall project coordination, execution and completion. A broad scientific background and understanding of operations and service deliverables, available products and services, a customer centric focus, excellent communication skills, and proficiency with available project tracking and communication tools enable the Project Manager to ensure a positive customer experience. This position is the key responsible party to ensure that a customer’s research goals are achieved with high satisfaction. The position works with Project Scientists, Operations, the ODM team and management as required ensuring project deliverables are met. Project managers own the customer experience and work with the above to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Interprets what customer’s needs and goals and ensures proper selection of service type.
- Creates and distributes formal, accurate, and tailored project summaries, according to customer-specific time tables.
- Anticipates possible problems or inconsistencies and drives mid-course changes and corrections in order to avoid customer dissatisfaction or cost overruns.
- In conjunction with Project Scientists, Technical Information Services, Study Directors and other subject matter experts, presents and explains to customers various options (work flows) for performing project work.
- Initiates new or renewed JAX Services projects. Supports quotation tracking processes and report generation.
- Coordinates and tracks progress on projects, updating all required databases as needed and anticipates possible problems or inconsistencies and drives mid-course changes and corrections in order to avoid customer dissatisfaction or cost overruns.
- BS degree in Life Science and 2 years of experience managing projects in customer facing role or 10+ years working in a Research or Biotech environment in a project role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication practices in a high-profile environment requiring discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion.
- Proven ability to organize time effectively and work under time constraints, meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Proficiency with a variety of software tools including MS Office software, laboratory information management databases, Collaboration software such as Central Desktop or Sharepoint; and ERP (Axapta) and Salesforce.com CRM. Highly proficient in Excel, AXAPTA and LIMs systems.
- Ability to travel 10%.
A cover letter outlining general interests, and career goals should be submitted with CV/Resume to consider application complete.
The Jackson Laboratory, (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 1,800 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX’s research facility in Bar Harbor, Maine is a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and a world-renowned expert in mammalian genetics. JAX also has facilities in Sacramento, California, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease.
JAXWest is located in Sacramento, the state capital of California. Sacramento is strategically located less than a two-hour drive away from San Francisco, Napa Valley, and scenic Lake Tahoe, and a short flight to both Los Angeles and Orange County. Sacramento is the birthplace of the nation’s Farm to Fork movement, and offers excellent restaurants, gastro-pubs, wineries, theaters, and museums. Outdoor activities are plentiful: Boating, white water rafting, and riding the scenic bicycle trails are popular. Housing and other costs of living are more affordable in Sacramento and its surrounding suburbs than in most other neighboring areas in the North Bay, making Sacramento one of the hottest housing markets in the country year after year.
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about at opportunities at JAX at http://www.jax.org/careers