The Jackson Laboratory | Sacramento, CA
Working under direct supervision, this position is responsible for participating in the acquisition, sanitization, distribution, and minor maintenance of all equipment and supplies required for operation of California animal facilities.
- Clean Supply Area (CSA) - Operates tunnel washers, bottle filling machines and rack washers. Wraps boxes and bottles for redistribution to animal rooms. Quality controls materials being processed to include but not limited to shaving levels and water levels in bottles.
- Wash Area - Operates tunnel washers, bottle washing machines, de-capping machines and rack washers sanitizing soiled supplies and equipment into the CSA. Organizes floor area receiving soiled materials and equipment through rapid roll doors. Performs maintenance on pallets.
- Pre-sterile Supply Area (PSA) - Removes sterile supplies from sterilizing machines. Wraps supplies for distribution through sterile corridors. Completes assembly of shipping boxes for distribution to animal rooms.
- Sterilizer Operator - Consistently operates the sterilizer properly, indicators are powering up the machines, loading of material onto proper racks and placing in proper sterilizer, proper placement of biological indicators, recording material on the sterilizer log and monitoring of the sterilizer throughout the run.
- Supply Monitor - Delivers clean materials to correct rooms, removes soiled materials and sends to appropriate area, moves shipping animals to shipping room, cleans/maintains and monitors hallways, does light maintenance, light bulbs, Co2 tanks. Assures contractors follow all proper procedures.
- All Areas - Safety-Complies with all safety procedures and policies; attends all safety related training
- All Areas - Sanitation - Sanitizes all processing equipment and machinery, floors, airlocks, locker rooms.
- All Area - Quality - Quality control all materials processing equipment, sterilizing equipment, sterile supply equipment and all associated processes to ensure optimal standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- The ability to perform physical tasks on a regular basis, including manipulating heavy objects, climbing step ladders, pushing, pulling and regularly lifting of up to 50 pounds
- The ability to maintain accurate records
- The ability to learn sanitation methods to meet the criteria needed to maintain the health status and ensure the well being of mice.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining positive team player behavior.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.