In Vivo Technologist
The Jackson Laboratory | Sacramento, CA
There is a regular, full-time In Vivo Technologist position available at The Jackson Laboratory, Sacramento facility. This position is responsible for supporting studies assigned to the team by consistently executing procedures according to protocol and associated SOPs. The work schedule for the incumbent is established based on operational demands and may fluctuate based on the changing needs of the In Vivo Services Department.
- Best practices and standard processes in daily work which support efficiencies, quality, safety, with a customer service focus. Basic lab animal handling skills. General lab sanitation. Provide proactive animal care support to alert the In Vivo team of environmental or unexpected/adverse study-related observations directly impacting animal welfare.
- Consistently completing assignments on time.
- Demonstrate ability to seek out appropriate personnel resources to address non-routine questions.
- Demonstrate ability to comply with all laboratory SOP’s and policies.
- Accurate entry of data including lab IT systems and databases.
- Maintain appropriate documentation as required by protocols and SOP’s.
- Perform basic biomethods such as handling (i.e restraint, ear notch, clinical observations, body weights, tail tipping), dosing (i.e. PO, SC,IP, IV), blood collection, basic necropsy and blood processing.