Designer, 1st Class (San Diego, CA)
General Dynamics Bath Iron Works | San Diego, CA
Permanent position located in San Diego, CA. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Corrective Maintenance Work Item Development as required.
- Corrective Maintenance liaison support during all ship availabilities as required
- Perform ship checks to support LCS Planning Yard design development as required.
- Generate 2D AutoCAD design for Ship Alterations as required.
- Provide availability On-Site Liaison Support as required.
- Investigate emergent waterfront issues and interface directly with the waterfront community and Ship's Force.
High school diploma/GED requiredTwo year Associate /Vocational Degree with focus on CAD application and design principles preferred
- Minimum of (2) years marine design/ liaison experience
- Familiar with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM)
- Experience with Navy Standard Items
- Experience with Navy Maintenance Database (NMDr)
- Proficiency with work item development, specifically within Navy MaintenanceDatabase (NMDr)
- Experience with 2D AutoCAD required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow technical procedures, standards, and work instructions
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required
- Strong multi-discipline background in ship repair and overhaul with experience on LCS Class ships preferred
- Ability to read and interpret Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs)
- Familiarization with LCS Independence Class ships and Shipboard Systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little oversight
- Ability to work autonomously and in a professional manner in front of the Navy customer
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize competing assignments required
- Ship checks will require climbing